Learn to lead more productive, fun and effective meetings
Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2007
Time: 8 a.m. to Noon
Location: Room 205, University Square
Participants will learn:
- How to use meetings as an effective management tool;
- How to make meetings productive and engaging for all who attend;
- How to use different kinds of meetings to achieve your objectives;
- How to gain maximum participation and contributions from participants;
- New techniques for managing difficult people in meetings.
- Planning the meeting: Costs, decisions, planning goals, communicating with participants;
- Conducting the meeting: Ground rules, agendas, checklists, timing, assigning people to roles;
- Managing meetings: Meeting planner minutes and notes; Making your meetings work; Tool kit for participatory meetings; What comes up and what to do; Traps in planning and conducting meetings; Managing disruptive behavior.